Wednesday 18 November 2015

777 Challenge - Page 7, Line 7, 7 Sentences - #WriterlyWednesdays 14


This is convenient :) I was tagged in the 777 challenge just as I was trying to decide what to write my post about today :).

777 Challenge
Page 7, Line 7, 7 Sentences

The 777 challenge requires you go to Page 7 of your work-in-progress, scroll down to Line 7 and share the next 7 sentences in a blog post. Once you have done this, you can tag 7 other bloggers to do the same with their work-in-progress. (see further down for those tagged)



I'm going to cheat a little since I have two WiPs currently on the go every day. One is my NaNo fanfic and one is the new novel I am working on.

So my NaNo novel is "Defence, Pretence, Offence" a Harry Potter fanfic which is a sequel to my epic "Gold Tinted Spectacles". In this scene Draco is making overtures of friendship to his Slytherin housemates, whom he has been estranged from for some time.
For a few moments Harry watched his lover walk away and admired the striking figure Draco made striding across the room, and then he followed him. It wasn't as if they were attached at the hip anymore, but possibly they were on a finite piece of elastic.

"Pansy, Greg," Draco greeted politely as soon as he was acknowledged.

If Harry had interpreted his soulmate's lectures on the etiquette of these situations correctly, Draco's opening indicated that he was comfortable with the situation and quite pleased by it. From the way Pansy relaxed slightly and Goyle shifted his feet, he was pretty sure that the pair were relieved and somewhat surprised at their peer's acceptance.

"I'm glad I am not the only Slytherin representative," Draco continued conversationally, "if they were only training Gryffindors the whole place would blow up by lunch time."

"Give us some credit, Draco," Harry joined in and smoothly insinuated himself into the Slytherin gathering; "I think we'd at least make it until tea time."
Then there is the my current novel WiP which is called "Ellie Grange and The Mythical Space Diamond" - think female Indiana Jones in space :). Ellie and Lance (her AI) have just completed a mission and have been forced into a face to face meeting with the clients - who happen to be alien royalty.
No ordinary client would set up a meeting at one of those places; they cost a fortune.

"We're here, Darling," Lance told her as she went over her personal recordings from the mission, "ooh and we're being treated like royalty; straight in, no waiting around."

"Oh god, this is going to be awful," she bemoaned.

She liked to remain mysterious, not end up at face to face diplomatic functions. Her fame was unavoidable, but she preferred to maintain a reputation for distance and aloofness. Lance did a very good job of making sure most pictorial evidence was scrambled, but he wasn't omnipotent and these things just bred snooping journalist types.

"Interesting," Lance said as Ellie prepared to leave VR and get ready to disembark; "you're being met."
Wittegen Press
$3.29 | £2.19
Amazon | Other
So there you have it, my current WiPs. And now on to those I am tagging:
These are all some of my writing buddies over at the NaNoWrimo site. I look forward to seeing their WiPs :D

I hope everyone is having a lot of fun with their NaNos/WiPs and are well on track.


2 comments:

  1. Not going to do my own post, but I couldn't resist, so if you want to read, here's my 7 sentences. This intros the main character and a couple of his close friends.

    --

    "Oh, come on, Jordy, I was only teasing..." Max hurried to catch up to him, nearly stumbling over people and debris a few times before they made it to their friends' sides. The pair passed out the cups, and settled down to watch the fire.

    Milo set his arm around Molly's shoulder, then glanced at Max. "So when do you leave?"

    Max leaned back and glanced at Milo. The guy was giving him one of those looks that had always wigged him out when they'd been roommates.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome, thanks for playing :) Now I'm intrigued ... why did those looks wig him out?

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading. I love to hear from people. Please leave your comments below.