Wednesday 20 April 2022

Q is for Queueing #YouTube #AtoZChallenge

YouTube - What They Don't Tell You - Q  AtoZChallenge

YouTube - What They Don't Tell You
Q is for Queueing

My AtoZ theme this year is my YouTube journey with my new fiction channel, and all that I have learned - plus some free fiction - scroll down to the embedded vid for that.

I don't know about anyone else, but one of the most useful things for me in social media is the ability to queue up my posts. This is also true in YouTube.

When we upload a video, we have the following choices:
  • Private
  • Unlisted
  • Public
  • Scheduled
All my vids go up as private to begin with, then I go in and schedule them once I have put in the description, title etc. The scheduling means I can put up all the shorts for the week on a Monday and then not have to worry about anything except getting Friday's vid done. I keep trying to get ahead, but life keeps going NOPE!

Pre-scheduling is also useful for:
  • Twitter
  • Pinterest
  • Meta (Facebook & Instagram)
  • Blog posts

Image by aykapog from Pixabay 


Just in case there are those who have not found this functionality yet:

Twitter

  1. Create the tweet in the usual way
  2. Click the little icon that looks like a calendar and a clock
  3. Pick your day and time & click Confirm
  4. Then click Schedule.
Schedule Icon

Pinterest

  1. Go to create Pin from the menu
  2. Create the Pin as normal
  3. Select Publish at a Later Date rather than Publish Immediately at the bottom of the pin.
  4. Choose a day and time
  5. Click Publish
N.B. I haven't been able to figure out how to edit a pin when it is scheduled. I can edit it once it's published, but once it's scheduled I can't get back to the edit. I am not sure if I am being dumb or they just didn't implement this feature.

Meta

N.B. You can only schedule posts on Facebook to a page, not your regular timeline, & you will need to convert your Instagram account into a business account and link it to you Facebook account.

  1. Log into the Facebook account associated with the page you wish to post to, and that is linked to your Instagram
  2. Go to business.facebook.com on desktop.
  3. Meta Business Suite will open associated with the correct account.
  4. Either go to "Posts and Stories" or "Planner" in the side menu.
  5. Use the create option to create your posts and pick the time you wish the posts to go live (it comes up first if you are in the schedule tab of the posts, and is behind the "Optimal Times" button if on the Planner) .
A couple of bugs I have run into – they may have fixed them already, but just in case:
  • When on the planner and scheduling, it scheduled my Facebook post for the right time, but not my Instagram post, so I had to edit that to put the right time in.
  • When clicking around in the create post tabs, where we can edit the text to customise it for FB or Instagram, sometimes it blanks out what's already been created, so copy the text before switching, just in case.

I won't go into Blog posts because every hosting is different, but they all have the option, as I am sure almost everyone already knows.

Queuing up YouTube vids and social media interactions makes my life so much easier, I cannot recommend it enough.

Do you preschedule blog posts or social media messages? If yes, do you find it a great help? If no, do you have a reason why it's not for you?

Current YouTube Episode


April's Theme - Ghost Stories
New story every week day at 4pm GMT
Please subscribe to never miss a vid (it's free).


About the AtoZ Challenge

The A to Z Challenge happens every April. Bloggers from all over the world come together to post every day in April, apart from Sundays, inspired by the letters of the alpha bet. A = April 1st etc. Some of us have themes, some of us don't. Click the image below for more info and links to other participants.
#AtoZChallenge 2022 tribute badge

Check Out My Fiction YouTube Channel

Tales with Tasha - YouTube

Each week we have a theme and so there will be something for all tastes.
  • 🎤Micro stories as YouTube Shorts Monday - Thursday - for fun quick viewing
  • 🕮A longer story every Friday - for story time, over coffee or before going to bed

Tasha's Social Media

📚Join My Newsletter📚


Receive 2 FREE eBooks just for signing up and a free short story once every month on Free Fiction Friday.


Two books covers - one with a woman firing guns above the title "Assassin's Blood" the other with a woman screaming and glowing with the title "Curse of a Banshee"


List hosted on MailChimp, information will only be used for Newsletter contact, and we do not send spam.

7 comments:

  1. I never schedule posts anywhere except on the blogger maybe. Only today I came to know that you can schedule posts on Twitter and also on Facebook!

    Dropping by from a to z "The Pensive"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to use a program called Buffer to schedule on Twitter and FB, but these days they offer their own options, which make it a lot easier.

      Delete
  2. I don’t schedule at all. On my blog I post when ready. Only in April, when I have to post daily, do I schedule.

    Love your little ghost story! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you 💖

      It's definitely the things that I need to do repetitively, like advertise my vids, where I find the scheduling so handy. Especially for tweets and picking prime times to nab the US or other audiences not in my time zone. That's also why I schedule my AtoZ posts (well that and I like to make sure they are ready to go in advance). I put them to go live at 1am to catch the early bird time zones.

      Delete
  3. I work in IT and the concept of queue ing plays a significant role especially dealing with mass transactions. Did not know you could schedule on twitter and pinterest

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too many people don't appreciate the usefulness of queues 😉 As I mentioned above I used to use Buffer to schedule on Twitter, but then realised I could now do it on their site. Not sure when they implemented that. As for pinterest, I only started using it in earnest because a How To vid on YouTube told me to, so I kind of just fell over the information 😂

      Delete
  4. Thanks so much! I haven't tried out scheduling on YouTube -- have seen it, but haven't tried it yet, so now I will! I just love scheduling stuff in advance if I can as there is always something that pops up to get in the way...

    Ronel visiting for the A-Z Challenge My Languishing TBR: Q

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading. I love to hear from people. Please leave your comments below.