Thursday 2 April 2020

AtoZ2020 - B is for Blood & Bat - Vampire Drabbles - #AtoZChallenge

Tasha's Thinkings - Vampire Drabbles - AtoZChallenge 2020 - B

AtoZChallenge 2020 - Vampire Drabbles


Welcome! It is day 2 of the AtoZ challenge, so we are on to B. Now I could not decide on just one word for my vampire drabble today, so I went for 2. I hope you enjoy my choices.

B is for Blood & Bat



"Oh Hugo, what have they done?" Eliza picked up the bat and cradled him to her chest.

He was covered in gore where his left wing was horribly sliced.

Skewering her thumb on one fang, she dripped her blood onto Hugo's wound, and he chattered quietly as the injury began to knit back together seamlessly.

"Don't worry, Darling," Eliza told her beloved pet, "Mummy will deal with those nasty humans."

Putting Hugo on his blanket, she shifted into her own bat form. If they thought they could injure helpless creatures, let them try it with one that could fight back.

Thank you so much for visiting - drop your comments and links below - I try and visit back everyone I can.
I find anyone who abuses animals completely reprehensible - how about you?

This year I am also taking part as my alter ego Virginia Waytes - all about the characters and setting for my new paranormal romance podcast and eBooks, Sexy Stories - The Manor. Check out today's post: B is for Brownies


 AtoZChallenge Master List

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1YphbP47JyH_FuGPIIrFuJfAQiBBzacEkM7iBnq6DGDA/edit?usp=sharing
Click here to see all the other wonderful bloggers taking part.

27 comments:

  1. Excellent post. I used to be checking continuously this blog and I am inspired! Very helpful info specially the closing phase 🙂 I care for such info a lot. I used to be looking for this certain information for a long time. Thanks and best of luck.

    Today in History
    Awards & Honours
    Govt Schemes
    Govt Jobs Notification
    Daily GK Quiz
    Daily Current Affairs
    Essay on Imp Topics
    Biography of Legends

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dawwww, baby bat! Cute lil vampire. I have friends who do bat rescue, and I always feel so sorry for the bats. So many people hate them...

    The Multicolored Diary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love bats - where I used to live as a child we had tiles on the outside of the upper floor and we had bats living under them. We would sometimes find them on the floor where they had fallen out and have to look after them until they were feeling better.

      Delete
  3. Battle of equals is justified and not the one which involves disparity in strength.
    I was completely engrossed in the feelings of the Mama vampire.
    Good one Tasha. Enjoying your stories more and more with each passing day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, I hope you like the rest too.💖

      Delete
  4. Hmmm...I'm wondering if Mummy had something to do with the current thingy, did she unleash a pandemic on the humans who injured the poor baby?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think she might have just beat them up a bit, she doesn't seem very evil to me. 😂

      Delete
  5. Bats can be scary en masse, but it's just a matter of noise and guano. Taken individually - minus the disease factor - I don't really understand why they freak people out so much.

    It's one of those things to which rationality does not apply, I think.

    (Which is understandable, I guess. I'm completely irrational about spiders.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too about spiders. Total freak out time.
      My husband can't deal with anything that flies, totally freaks him out.

      Delete
  6. I never hated Bats; well until they decided to take a dump, en masse, on my motorcycle. This was a good, quick read, Tasha.

    B for Brahmarakshasa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I can see why that would have a detrimental effect on your fondness of them. 😂

      Delete
  7. Great words for a 'B' day.
    Wow! 1,000 posts! I'm impressed. Kudos to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - I've been at it a while 😂 - it kind of crept up on me.

      Delete
  8. It wasn't me that injured Hugo, honestly!

    My A-Z tale!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Short and strong. I could feel Hugo hurting and it pained me personally. Makes me wish to have Eliza's healing powers. I'll come back for more.
    Hannelore

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - yes, I think we could all do with her abilities right about now.

      Delete
  10. What will Eliza do?
    Happy Blogging :)
    B is for Betrayal
    https://thedreamgirlwrites.wordpress.com/2020/04/02/betrayal/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bad things to those who hurt her baby! 😂 Thank you - you too.

      Delete
  11. Aww...poor Hugo! I think bats are actually quite cute. (Am I the only one?)

    I definite despise anyone who harms animals...or humans, for that matter.

    ~AC

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like the bit of darkness here :)

    Rebel xox

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading. I love to hear from people. Please leave your comments below.