Wednesday 17 April 2019

O is for Old House at Home - Obsession by Natasha Duncan-Drake - Day 15 #AtoZChallenge


O is for Old House at Home

Hello and welcome to day 15 of the AtoZChallenge. I'm a little late today, but I have a good reason, I was hoping my voice would stop being scratchy and squeaky so I could record today's story, but, alas, it is not to be, so it will have to wait until tomorrow to record the story.

We have a drabble today (exactly 100 words) and it is inspired by The Old House at Home pub on the Isle of Sheppey. This pub has noisy troublesome ghosts who slam doors and tip people out of bed. I went for a humorous take on this.

Obsession 

by Natasha Duncan-Drake

Ben woke up as he flipped out of bed and hit the floor.

"What the hell?" he growled, picking himself off the carpet.

He glared at the room in general.

"What is your problem?" he demanded of the empty air.

The bedroom door slammed and opened again in a pointed fashion.

"Seriously," he said, standing up, "why..?"

Then he saw the clock.

"Ah," he said, immediately turning on the TV.

Selecting the right channel, he settled back into bed as the nearby chair sunk as if an invisible person had sat down. Even ghosts were addicted to Game of Thrones.

Dramatic Reading on Patreon

For this month I am also recording dramatic readings of all the ghost stories. These are available on my Patreon. Some are public, some are patrons only.

Visit Other AtoZers:

AtoZChallenge Master List of Blogs 


Please do let me know what you think of the story and leave me links to your AtoZ entries so I can visit you back. I love to chat.
Would you accommodate a phantom's needs if you figured out how to make them happy?

2 comments:

  1. If multiple postings by me appear, please delete most. I would indeed help a ghost out, unless they were or I fainted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! I love that even the ghosts recognize the power that is GOT! Found you through AtoZ. Come check out a new flash fiction every day for this challenge:
    Doesn't Speak Klingon

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading. I love to hear from people. Please leave your comments below.