Tuesday 2 October 2018

The Horror of Shakespeare #2 - Now is the Winter of Our Discontent


Every day in October I will be posting a horror/paranormal drabble (100 word story) inspired by a Shakespeare Quote.
I feel I should remind everyone at this point that I did not promise I would not butcher the intent of the original quote 😜

Now is the Winter of Our Discontent


Do you have any idea what it's like to wake up naked, in the middle of nowhere, when it's snowing? It sucks!

I had everything prepared. A nice warm den, things to rip apart, prepared food, and then my idiot of a cleaning lady had to unlock the door.

She's fine! I know what you're thinking.

Never have I killed anyone when I change, only the odd pheasant. I just have this urge to roam, but no sense of direction to get home. I'm lucky werewolves don't get frostbite.

For the record, I also hate picking feathers from my teeth.

If anyone would like to join in, please do!

8 comments:

  1. Made freezing winter by out of work ghosts and ghouls laid off in NaNoWriMo.

    Now tis the wailing time of year when dole lines grow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most poetic.
      Are you doing NaNo this year?

      Delete
    2. I intend to as I need to tie some short stories together as the prequel to my police procedural WIP - maybe even turn them into a novel.

      Delete
    3. Then I wish you lots of luck with the prep -hope it all goes well.

      Delete
    4. Thanks, Natasha. I forgot to ask if you were doing NaNo? If so, good luck.

      Delete
    5. Not this year, I'm afraid - I have too much on to focus on it. Maybe next year :)

      Delete
  2. Nano is totally the wrong time of year for me. It's the last month of spring, so the days are warm and long, and it's the last few weeks of the school year.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading. I love to hear from people. Please leave your comments below.