Monday 28 November 2016

I Won #NaNoWriMo :)


I made my 50K total today and so I was able to validate my novel.

Defence, Pretence, Offence is actually 152,500 words at the mo, but I only wrote 50K so far this time round.


The first 10 chapters are almost ready for posting, which has me all excited. It's only taken me 12 years to be close to finishing this fanfic. I'm so looking forward to actually sharing it with everyone.

For those who have not heard the tale, I originally wrote Gold Tinted Spectacles (AO3, Watpadd), which this is the sequel to, back in 2003. I immediately started on the sequel, but stalled at approximately 50K. It has since languished in my Harry Potter folder, being looked at wistfully every now and then.

Last year I decided to dig it out for NaNo and completed another 50K, but again stalled thanks to December being completely nuts, and original work taking precedence after that.

This year I was determined to finish it. I haven't quite managed it yet, but there are only odd scenes left to write and a few things to fix, so it's nearly there :).

To everyone still racing to get to 50K before the end of the month, best of luck
 KEEP GOING - YOU CAN DO IT!

10 comments:

  1. Congratulations! And I very much look forward to reading it. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations and celebrations, Tasha.

    [I also validated mine, "Eagle Crossing", although not quite finished as three more scenes planned. Then massive re-write as lots of details like setting needed]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :). Congrats on yours too. I also have lots left to do - there are 70 chapters and only the first 10 have been edited, so there is plenty of work to do.

      Delete
  3. Looking forward to reading it!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading. I love to hear from people. Please leave your comments below.