Welcome to my Blogger page, thank you for visiting. This is where I will share my reviews of books, movies and other things I enjoy. If you would like to see my ramblings, fanfiction and other general posts, please visit my Livejournal: beren_writes. Visit my pages to learn about me and my books.
Top set of links above are external links, second set are pages local to the blog.

Tuesday, 27 August 2013

Rambo - Film Series

So I have finally seen all three of the Rambo movies and they were not what I was expecting (well not all of them).  My apologies there are actually four Rambo movies, apparently, I had totally missed the 2008 one, I'm talking about the original 80s movies. Edited appropriately.

First Blood (the one I always thought was called Rambo) is a deep, thought provoking, harsh movie that I was shocked I enjoyed. Having mostly only seen stuff about the later movies it was definitely nothing like I was expecting. It's violent, but, wow, does it have heart. Very much not the action type movie I thought it was having seen the hype about the other two.

Rambo II - now this is mostly a kick arse action movie with some terrible 80s stereotypes. It was actually entertaining, but some of it made me cringe so hard :). I was ticking off clich├ęs as I watched ::g::.

Rambo III - was mostly WTF! Hot Shots Part Deux suddenly makes so much sense. It was like a bad 80s TV show with a bigger budget. I had to forward wind through the temple scene because it was just so, so, so cringe worthy. I must admit, it was fun to see the good guy stick it to the bad guy (isn't it amazing what a difference the ending of the cold war made on film making), but I was laughing at things I'm pretty sure were supposed to be deadly serious. The best thing about the movie was Rambo suddenly seemed to have gained a sense of humour (must have been the monks).

I doubt I will even seek out those movies to watch again, but I feel I have gained knowledge that is important :).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading. I love to hear from people. Please leave your comments below.