Low Fat Chilli
Ingredients (serves 2 ~225 kCal per person)
- 200g Quorn Mince (210 kCal)
- 1/2 can Red Kidney Beans (200g) (112 kCal)
- 1/2 can chopped tomatoes (200g) (32 kCal)
- 1 small onion (chopped) (~28 kCal)
- 1 carrot (grated) (~25 kCal)
- ~1/2 punnet of mushrooms (sliced) (~20 kCal)
- 200 ml veg stock (you can use beef stock if you prefer) (~20 kCal)
- 1 tspn mild chilli powder (you can add hot chilli powder or chilli flakes if you like it hotter)
- a dash of Worcestershire Sauce (for vegetarian version use something like Soy sauce)
- spritze of oil (~5 kCal)
- Spray the bottom of a sauce pan with a spritze of oil.
- Add the chopped onion and cook on low with the lid on until it has softened.
- Add the mushrooms and cook until they are also going soft.
- Take out just over half the mushrooms and set aside for later.
- Add the tomatoes, stock, chilli powder and Worcestershire sauce and bring to the boil.
- Take off the heat and blitz to a smooth sauce with a hand blender (you can miss out this step if you like it chunky, but I find it makes for a much thicker chilli this way).
- Return to the heat, add the reserved mushroom, kidney beans, Quorn and carrot. Cook for about 20 mins.
For the light option serve with a green vegetable like kale or broccoli, or a green salad.
If you're not worried about the calories you can serve it with rice or bread and a handful of grated cheese :).