Tuesday 2 April 2013

FB3X Drabble Cascade #4 - The Bride (PG)


This week our prompt word for the Drabble Cascade is chain. If you would like to join in all you have to do is write 100 words of original fic, fanfic or meta inspired by the word and post it, before adding your link to the list below.

The Bride
by Natasha Duncan-Drake

It was fine spun gold, light, beautiful and ornate, but it might as well have been iron. It was a betrothal gift from her husband to be and it chained her as heavily as any manacle.

They said he was brave, honourable, but Lila did not wish to marry.

Steeling herself, she read the note that came with the gift.

My bride,
our union will bring peace to our lands, if not to us. I pledge to you my loyalty and trust and hope one day to give you my heart.
Yours always,
Simon

Perhaps the rumours were not wrong.




8 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds interesting. Like more could be made of this story.

    :-)

    My Writing Blog
    My Life Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. I think more can be made of most drabbles, that's what makes them so fun. They give a glimpse and entice the reader in :). In that way they are actually quite evil ::g::. Thank you for commenting.

      Delete
  3. Lovely imagery. Hopefully Simon is as interesting as he sounds.

    ReplyDelete
  4. lots of story here, I can see their step for peace turning into a cautious friendship, then more :)

    thought I'd commented on this before hmm, not tech savvy, just figured the google id thing out *headdesk*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let's hope :) Well done on the google thing, sometimes it's so complicated to get the right cookie for the right thing these days.

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading. I love to hear from people. Please leave your comments below.