Wednesday 13 April 2022

K is for Karma #YouTube #AtoZChallenge

 

K is for Karma - YouTube - What They Don't Tell You

YouTube - What They Don't Tell You
K is for Karma

“A boomerang returns back to the person that throws it.” - Vera Nazarian

My AtoZ theme this year is my YouTube journey with my new fiction channel, and all that I have learned - plus some free fiction - scroll down to the embedded vid for that.

I've said it before, I'll say it again, above all, YouTube is a community. Your channel can become part of that community and a community all of its own.

This means how you act on YouTube, how you treat others, and how you react to things that happen on your channel will directly affect that community. It can also help or hinder your own development on the platform.

It's like life, or at least how life should be if you don't have rich arses trying to step on everyone else. YouTube has some of those too, but let's not get into that. If you want to be in a safe(ish), happy environment, then cultivate that in your own channel and when you visit other people's.

Go out, 
  • make friends, 
  • like, 
  • comment, 
  • and support other creators. 
  • Be happy, 
  • be nice, 
  • be responsible. 
This will come back to you in YouTube karma.

Image by John Hain from Pixabay 


The YouTube algorithm likes drama, there is no doubt about that, but the question you have to ask yourself is, do you want to have to deal with drama all the time. If you're looking to be creative and run a creative channel of some kind, I suspect the answer is no. If you're going for a tea-spilling channel that lives on drama, then this advice probably isn't for you.

If you look at the creative channels that do not rely on drama, then one thing they all have in common is a wonderful community around them and within them. Just look at people like 
and so many more – they all inspire, give back to their community and encourage wonderful environments.
I'm still working on this part of my YouTube journey because I have been lurking for many years, but I have not really been interactive. I leave likes on all the vids I watch and enjoy, but I'm trying to train myself into leaving comments as well. I'm also still trying to find people in my niche to connect with. It's a process. However, I aspire to make my channel a good place to be that people will enjoy for the content and the atmosphere. 
Once we get to a certain level (500+ subscribers), we also have a community tab we can use on our channel. It would be nice to be able to use this from day 1, but I'm guessing they don't want people abusing the system. This allows much more interaction. I very much look forward to getting there one day.

Do you believe what goes around, comes around? Have you had any good experiences of this?

Current YouTube Episode


April's Theme - Ghost Stories
New story every week day at 4pm GMT
Please subscribe to never miss a vid (it's free).


About the AtoZ Challenge

The A to Z Challenge happens every April. Bloggers from all over the world come together to post every day in April, apart from Sundays, inspired by the letters of the alpha bet. A = April 1st etc. Some of us have themes, some of us don't. Click the image below for more info and links to other participants.
#AtoZChallenge 2022 tribute badge

Check Out My Fiction YouTube Channel

Tales with Tasha - YouTube

Each week we have a theme and so there will be something for all tastes.
  • 🎤Micro stories as YouTube Shorts Monday - Thursday - for fun quick viewing
  • 🕮A longer story every Friday - for story time, over coffee or before going to bed

Tasha's Social Media

📚Join My Newsletter📚


Receive 2 FREE eBooks just for signing up and a free short story once every month on Free Fiction Friday.


Two books covers - one with a woman firing guns above the title "Assassin's Blood" the other with a woman screaming and glowing with the title "Curse of a Banshee"


List hosted on MailChimp, information will only be used for Newsletter contact, and we do not send spam.

16 comments:

  1. So true about what goes around comes around. Karma can be good or can bite u too. I think yes its good to have a good community around u to grow in online/Youtube platforms

    Good day - Dropping by from A to Z - https://afshan-shaik.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A community can be so important, if nothing else to make us realise we're not just shouting into the void.

      Delete
  2. Sounds a lot like the same principles for building a blogging community :-)

    Ronel visiting for the A-Z Challenge My Languishing TBR: K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed, especially in the AtoZ. I found it a shame when G+ went away, because that seemed to be really integral for the blogging community for me.

      Delete
  3. I think a lot of what you said applies to almost all social platforms!
    Well said!!!

    Hopping in from the A-Z community,
    Dream
    https://thedreamgirlwrites.wordpress.com/a-z-2022/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does, although I think some of them are a lot more remote than YouTube. Twitter, for example, feels a lot less personal, even though I try to make friends on there too.

      Delete
  4. I agree with Afshan Shaik--Karma can be good or bad.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Any art form , good creators will appreciate other art and that brings good karma, doesn't it ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We can hope, although it does seem like some real problem characters get loads of success. I just can't get my head around it some times. Why are people fans of nasty people?

      Delete
  6. I think this is very true on all social media. I keep telling people they can't just shout into the void and expect followers. (Well, some people can, but it's not ideal.) Social media is not nearly as much fun without the social part :)

    The Multicolored Diary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is a reason for the "social" in the name isn't there 😂. I wouldn't mind someone else doing all the typing though!

      Delete
  7. Building the community is what takes the hard yards. Unfortunately there's no other way than turning up, commenting, getting involved - all of which takes time. And time tends to be what each of us is short of. A continual balancing act.

    Debs visiting this year from
    Making Yourself Relationship Ready

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. More hours in the day please 😂 I have to be careful not to disappear down the social media rabbit hole too often - hours just vanish like a puff of smoke.

      Delete
  8. I most definitely believe in karma. But, I also believe in associating with folks online whose mission/objectives align with mine. That way one builds good karma as well as good vibes.

    AnjelaCurtis.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading. I love to hear from people. Please leave your comments below.