Wednesday 22 April 2020

AtoZ2020 - S is for Stake - Vampire Drabbles - #AtoZChallenge

Tasha's Thinkings - Vampire Drabbles - AtoZChallenge 2020 - S

AtoZChallenge 2020 - Vampire Drabbles


Welcome to my blog for the letter S. I have always liked this letter because my twin's name begins with it. It's also such a versatile letter. This year I am writing vampire drabbles (100 word stories) every day inspired by a vampire word. What else could I go for with the letter S than stake? Enjoy ðŸ’–

S is for Stake


"What the ever-loving f…"

"Oh, those old things, do you like my display?"

Lila stared at her new friend.

"They're stakes," she said.

"I know," Maggie replied with a smile.

"They are one of the few things that can kill us, and you have a wall full of them," Lila pointed out when the other vampire showed not the slightest discomfort.

"Well, yes," Maggie replied, "but they're trophies."

Lila made a confused face.

"Well, I had something of a wild youth," Maggie explained, "and I attracted attention. Each of those is a hunter who came after me. Ah, the memories."

Thank you so much for visiting - drop your comments and links below - I try and visit back everyone I can.

Q. Do you have trophies (I don't mean of things you have killed ;) - more things that make you remember good times)?

I'm not really a trophy kind of person, mostly I prefer things I can use or watch or read. I suppose the wedding cake top we still have after 23 years is a kind of trophy.

This year I am also taking part as my alter ego Virginia Waytes - all about the characters and setting for my new paranormal romance podcast and eBooks, Sexy Stories - The Manor. Check out today's post: S is for Succubus

6 comments:

  1. LOL! Maybe she has that rare condition when your heart is on the wrong side? That would trip hunters up...

    The Multicolored Diary

    ReplyDelete
  2. The opposite of the preserved stag's heads that hunters used to display on their walls I guess! Nice one.

    S is for ...


    ReplyDelete
  3. Stopping by for the A-Z challenge and I love meeting other SFF authors. Hope you're having a great month. I have treasures, they come in the form of printed works. Either books of my own making or someone else's.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chilling! I don't have trophies, I have knick-knacks :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just so weirdly cool! Hunters preserve heads of the animals they have killed and this is just the opposite!

    All my posts for the challenge can be found here:
    https://thedreamgirlwrites.wordpress.com/a-z-2020/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading. I love to hear from people. Please leave your comments below.