Saturday 4 April 2020

AtoZ2020 - D is for Disease - Vampire Drabbles - #AtoZChallenge

Tasha's Thinkings - Vampire Drabbles - AtoZChallenge 2020 - D

AtoZChallenge 2020 - Vampire Drabbles


Good morrow gentle folk and welcome to my blog for day 4 of the AtoZChallenge. I hope you are all safe and well. For those on their first visit - this year my theme is vampire drabbles, which are stories of exactly 100 words. Best wishes to all. ðŸ’–

D is for Disease


I laughed in their faces when they tried to tell me I had a disease. If only they knew.

I remain in their clutches because it amuses me. I let them see only what I wish them to see. That their little logical minds cannot begin to comprehend the truth is no shock and utterly entertaining.

One day soon I will show them the error of their scientific method. I will rend and destroy as their learning fails them, and I shall enjoy every moment. They think me caged, but blood cannot be wounded, and demonic taint has no vaccine.

Thank you so much for visiting - drop your comments and links below - I try and visit back everyone I can.


Q. What vampire trait do you think would be most useful in escaping from humans?


This year I am also taking part as my alter ego Virginia Waytes - all about the characters and setting for my new paranormal romance podcast and eBooks, Sexy Stories - The Manor. Check out today's post: D is for Drage/Dragon

 AtoZChallenge Master List

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1YphbP47JyH_FuGPIIrFuJfAQiBBzacEkM7iBnq6DGDA/edit?usp=sharing
Click here to see all the other wonderful bloggers taking part.

27 comments:

  1. Well, vampires are supposed to be extra strong and extra fast, should be enough to run away from humans?
    D is for Denim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Should be, but there are many more humans than the one vampire, so it might take some planning.

      Delete
  2. In this time, that little story is quite chilling.

    @JazzFeathers
    The Old Shelter - Living the Twenties

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have a point - maybe that's where it came from ... thank you 💖

      Delete
  3. I am still partial to turning into a bat. Or maybe a flying fox. :D

    The Multicolored Diary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hell hath no fury like a vampire scorned. Watch out you lot!

    My A-Z tale!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds like the voice of corona!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very timely post! And 100 word vampire stories - very clever!
    https://operationawesome6.blogspot.com/
    Happy AtoZ from Operation Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - I suppose many things reflect the times at the moment because that is was is in our combined psyche.

      Delete
  7. Interesting! A great 'D' word for these days and times!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I actually came up with the word before the caca truly hit the fan, but it does seem rather apt.

      Delete
  8. Is this Vampire C whispering these monologues, I wonder.
    AS for the question you have asked, I feel disguise would be best trait to escape from humans for a vampire.
    Between, how do you manage to pack such a solid punch in as little as 100 words!!! Kudos to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you 💖 - drabbles are such fun. I always write long, edit short - works as a technique for me because it lets me end up with only the words I really need.

      Delete
  9. Love it. Love the challenge to the scientific method, turning a strength to a weakness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes science can be blinkered (although I have great faith in most science) - like Einstein said, imagination is just as important.

      Delete
  10. It does sound like the coronavirus at hand. Let's hope it can be defeated. As to vampire skills, I like how they do it on True Blood, the glamoring. Or something like Men in Black have, that wand that makes everyone who looks forget.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure it will be - as long as we listen to the experts. China have proved that. Being able to make everyone forget would be most useful!

      Delete
  11. Another great drabble...and so relevant for the times. :)

    In regards to your question, I think the ability to fly an effective trait a vampire might use often to avoid humans. (Good question!)

    ~AC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Flying would be most useful - vampire or not, I feel :D

      Delete
  12. I rather think that the ability to charm people into doing what they want might be helpful. “These are not the vampires you’re looking for... repeat..”

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ye Olde Vampire Stare. I always liked it in things like Forever Knight where there were some who were resistant to it too. Makes the narrative trickier.

      Delete
  13. A social commentary masquerading as a vampire drabble. Nice!

    PS: I will step into the sunlight, turn shining and blind all those pesky humans. (Thank you Stephanie Meyer :P)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think it's cool to be able to turn into bats when you wanna escape!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Darkness again... I like it ;)

    Rebel xox

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading. I love to hear from people. Please leave your comments below.