Friday 1 November 2019

NaNoWriMo - Who's taking up the challenge this year?


NaNoWriMo
Who's taking up the challenge this year?


November has come round again, which can mean only one thing: NaNoWriMo.

Who's doing it this year?

I have a project I want to finish, so I am completely in this year. It's not a novel, but a series of novellas that I want to get done and dusted, which I figure counts too as long as I get to the 50K. In my case I actually want to get to more like 70K, but we shall see - as long as I get to 50K I will be happy.

I have my spreadsheets ready and my keyboard primed. Spent this morning doing everything else I needed to get done so that this afternoon I can just get writing.

NaNoWriMo.org has had a nice looking revamp since I was there last. The only thing I found a little odd, was that updating the word count does not seem as prominent as it used to be. It seems to be only a little plus in the header bar. Took me a while to find it, but that could just be pure incompetence on my part πŸ˜‚.

However, I really like the profile and header image stuff we can now have. πŸ’–

Good luck to everyone who is leaping in - may your words flow and your count increase!

Forgot to add - this is me https://nanowrimo.org/participants/tashaddrake if you would like to be buddies.

5 comments:

  1. Good luck, Tasha. I'm in again - revising my 2018 entry; replotting it so the short story collection reads as a novel. I've mixed feelings about the site and agree about the word count updater. I've even lost my first NaNo entry on the site.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no, that is a pain. There's also bugs in the stats is shows at the top - sometimes it gets it right, sometimes totally wrong. I think they have some bugs to work out. Let's hope that you NaNo entry is just missing, not lost forever. Have you contacted support?

      Delete
    2. Having just read back my comment and noticed all the mistakes, I hope my typing improves as I leap into to today's.
      BTW - what is your nano ID - we can be buddies :) This is me
      https://nanowrimo.org/participants/tashaddrake

      Delete
    3. Support were mystified but hope later changes will restore it. At least, I know what the project was: my first attempt before I knew how to get the attempt validated.

      I've sent a buddies invite - I'm Silverwords.

      Delete
    4. Hope they get it all sorted for you!
      Yay, we are buddies :D

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading. I love to hear from people. Please leave your comments below.