Tuesday 9 April 2019

H is for Hawks Lane - Harm by Natasha Duncan-Drake - Day 8 #AtoZChallenge


H is for Hawks Lane

Hello and welcome to day 8 of the AtoZChallenge and the letter H. All month I will be writing flash fiction ghost stories inspired by local places.Today we have a drabble, a story of exactly 100 words.

The story is inspired by a property on Hawks Lane in Canterbury that is said to be haunted by a woman called Abigail. Read on to find out her story (although I did make up the method of her death since it is not listed in the legend).

Harm 

by Natasha Duncan-Drake

Abigail watched and laughed as her husband was dragged out of their house. She might be dead, but she would finally have victory over the man who had wronged her for so many years.

He would swing for her murder. They would stretch his neck on the town gallows.

That it was a murder which had never happened, made it all the more delicious.

Abigail had only thought to end her own suffering, but this was justice. Her method of poison had been taken as murder and the hateful man who drove her to it would pay for his abuse.

Dramatic Reading on Patreon

For this month I am also recording dramatic readings of all the ghost stories. These are available on my Patreon. Some are public, some are patrons only.


Visit Other AtoZers:

AtoZChallenge Master List of Blogs 


Please do let me know what you think of the story and leave me links to your AtoZ entries so I can visit you back. I love to chat.
Do you think Abigail found justice?

5 comments:

Thank you so much for reading. I love to hear from people. Please leave your comments below.