Tuesday 8 January 2019

A Gem of a Find in Gel Effect Nail Polish #TipsTuesdays


A Gem of a Find in Gel Effect Nail Polish


Now I know I don't usually talk about things like this on here, but this stuff is too good and so reasonably priced that I had to mention it for Tips Tuesday. I do not usually go in for nail polish because I put it on and within hours it's all chipped and never looks great anyway. Also, mostly, I can't be bothered, but my darling twin convinced me to try some of this for Christmas and I love it.

I also can't find it online, not even on B&M's website, which is the shop where we bought it. The brand is Expressions and they do all sorts of nail stuff as well as polish.

Three regular size bottles of Expressions nail polish in dark blue, purple and gold, with a smaller bottle of top coat in front and a box with a larger bottle of top coat behind.

Now this is gel effect, so no UV light needed, but it gives great coverage and shine.

Each nail polish comes with a small bottle of the top coat as shown in front in the image, but we can also buy it by itself as shown behind. They also have a nail strengthener that I use as an undercoat, which I forgot to take a picture of, and a nail growth enhancer that I have not tried.

Now I am completely incompetent when it comes to nail polish, but even I can get great results.

Four fingers of Tasha's hand with Expressions iridescent, purple nail varnish.

It goes on smoothly and the anti-chip coating is awesome. This is day 4 for this colour. Also, the photo doesn't really do it justice, the nails look iridescent and much shinier in real life. (Please ignore the blob of dark colour on the third finger - that is just my incompetence showing through where I messed up and tried to fix the edge, which, of course, didn't work ;)).

Soph says she only ever needs one coat of the colour, but she has tiny wee nails, where as mine are much larger and I need 2. However, even with an undercoat of strengthener, 2 layers of colour and the anti-chip top coat, the nails are touch-dry in 30-40 mins. Of course it's another couple of hours before they are rock hard, but that's the same with anything in layers ;). After 30-40 mins, eating and nipping to the loo etc are not a problem, as long as approached carefully.

And do you know what is the most amazing thing about these nail products? Price!
Each box of nail product costs a whopping £1.49!
So lads and lasses and anyone else who likes lovely nails and has a B&M in their vicinity - now is the time to run along and check out their range. They're in the hair and beauty aisle at the end in our B&M and they have lots of lovely colours from black to pastel pink and sparkles.

Pros:

  • Comes in a large range of lovely colours
  • So cheap, especially for gel effect - £1.49 for a normal 10ml bottle with free top coat
  • Goes on smoothly
  • Looks great

Cons

  • Very dark colours will stain nail beds if no undercoat is used
  • Can't find the brand online
Sorry US folks, I have no idea if you can get these - I Googled for the brand and literally nothing came back except another lass's blog who reviewed their stick-on fashion nails.

So has anyone else tried this brand? Can we get it anywhere else except B&M?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading. I love to hear from people. Please leave your comments below.