Tuesday 9 October 2018

The Horror of Shakespeare #9 Misery Acquaints a Man...


Every day in October I will be posting a horror/paranormal drabble (100 word story) inspired by a Shakespeare Quote. 
Good morrow! I hope everyone is well. Today we have zombies!

Misery Acquaints a Man with Strange Bedfellows


Jamie pulled at the board over the door. The nails squealed as they were ripped out of the wall, but he didn't care anymore. He didn't want to go on alone.

Hope was dead.

No one was coming.

All his friends were buried in the basement with their skulls smashed in.

Wrenching the handle he threw the door open in broad daylight for the first time in months. He cocked the shotgun with the last precious amo and stepped out into the sunlight.

The shambling hoard turned at the noise. With a grin he blew the first one's head off.

If anyone would like to join in, please do!

7 comments:

  1. What a brilliant idea this is! I love it! and what a good piece. Oh the power of a 100 words :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much - I'm really having fun with the drabbles :D

      Delete
  2. If it should thunder as it did before, I know not where to hide my head. Yond same cloud cannot choose but fall by pailfuls.

    Tis an apocalypse or a flagon of sack.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am very impressed by your comments - do you have all of Shakespeare memorised? 🎃

      Delete
    2. I remember just enough to know where some of your quotes come from, like Uneasy lies the head - I studied Henry IV at college (plus Hamlet and Romeo & Juliet). Sometimes your Drabble triggers a memory of something Shakespeare...like Exit pursued by a Bear [Winter's Tale].

      But I rely on Google to get the Bard's words before I bastardize them. ;-)

      Delete
    3. I empathise - all my quotes come from a 50 Top Shakespeare Quotes - but I kind of remember a lot of them :D

      Delete
  3. His plays are kind of memorable or at least the ones that get quoted a lot like Hamlet, Macbeth, and Romeo & Juliet etc.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading. I love to hear from people. Please leave your comments below.