Thursday 1 September 2016

Really Having a Blast With the New Book #ThinkyThursdays 24


Really Having a Blast With the New Book


Welcome to Thinky Thursdays and there's only one thing consuming my brain this week, so I'm going to be self indulgent. I am having such fun with "Dead Before Dawn: The Vampire Curse".

Y'know how sometimes something is just the most fun and then we don't want to stop doing whatever it is we are doing. I feel like that with this novel.

I actually thought the manuscript was almost done a week ago and was in the final edit stage. However, it's gained nearly 25K and there's barely a paragraph that I haven't edited in some way since then. I'm only up to chapter 16 and there are currently 29, probably will be 31 or 32 at least by the time I am done.

Each chapter is between 2K and 3K to make it digestible on Wattpad.

The novel is based on a Real Person AU Fanfic I wrote a few years ago, but I liked the premise so much I wanted to change it up for a wider audience. All the characters have changed, a whole background had been added and there's a completely new undercurrent as well as huge new sections. It's blossoming into something new and I am loving every second of taking it there.

Writers, do you find that you have the occasional story that seems to take no work, or rather, it engages you so much that it feels as if it takes no work, even though you're putting in hours and hours?

If you've not had one of those yet, I wish you one, because they are the best.

We all know writing is often hard and we sometimes have to kick ourselves in the behind to get moving on what we are working on. That's why this novel is such a joy. No doubt the final tweaks will still be a bit of a chore, but at the moment I'm having a blast. I very much hope it comes out in the writing.

Cannot wait to get it to a stage where it is ready to publish. I'm so very, very excited to share this one.

6 comments:

  1. Great to hear it's going so well! Your enthusiasm comes across in this post. I've had that feeling on occasion - it is fairly rare for me though, so I try to enjoy it when it's happening!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that is a very good attitude to take - enjoy it while it lasts :)

      Delete
  2. I wish I was feeling that right now, but I'm struggling on finishing my current novel - I will enjoy it far more when I have the first draft down and I'm reworking bits to make them better (which I 'spose is kinda where you are) - I'm hoping that will be by end of play Friday!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *gets out pompoms* You can do it, Soph! :)

      Okay, so my chant could use work ;)

      Delete
  3. That's so cool! I'm glad you're having such a blast. As you say, so often that is not the case. May the writing continue to flow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I hope it does. I'm really excited by the way it is going.

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading. I love to hear from people. Please leave your comments below.