Tuesday 21 July 2015

Sorry to have been AFK

To everyone waiting for me to get in touch, or to post I am very sorry. I've been laid up since Saturday with a nasty stomach virus.

On Saturday morning I thought it was just something I ate that really disagreed with me, so much so that I still had my session with Steve my personal trainer - we had to take it a bit easy, but I floundered my way through. I realised I might have underestimated the problem when after my shower, while wearing a thick fluffy bathrobe, in a room that had to be about 22 degrees C, I was cold.

I ended up in a cardigan, clutching a hot water bottle while everyone else was wearing t-shirts and shorts. I don't remember having cold clammy hands before, but now I know what the description means. Everything I ate and drank was also on express, if you know what I mean.

Sunday was the opposite of cold, I felt like I was sitting in a sauna, but thanks to some nice pills I at least managed to hydrate a little. Not a lot, but a little.

Then yesterday I was laid out on the sofa with stomach cramps if I so much as twitched from my prone position, even though the fever part seemed to be over. Funny, my stomach didn't complain much the other two days, just refused to keep anything I gave it, but yesterday it was kind of yelling at me. I did discover that tomato soup with just some tinned potatoes in it seems to be very kind to a rebelling digestive system.

I was reduced to watching bad movies on Amazon Prime since I was lying down in the front room and for some reason the PC wouldn't let me at our media server. I really worry about the person who classifies there movies - there were at least two filed under comedy that we in fact horror, and not comedy horror, but serious horror. There was also a children's film and a murder mystery filed under horror ... but enough of my rant about Amazon :).

Today I feel much better - my tummy is still delicate, but seems to be settling and I have dared have a little butter on my toast, so we'll see how that goes :). I can also sit at my desk, so yay :)

I am dashing around playing catch up today, so my apologies if my replies are late.

Hope you are all well, lots of love,
Tasha

4 comments:

  1. Hi Tasha, sorry to hear you've been poorly, but glad you're getting better. I'm catching up on blog reading myself - the summer weeks fly by much faster than winter weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear you were sick, but glad to hear you're finally on the mend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear you're feeling better - at least you seem to have some nice weather, unlike us in the frozen north! I've been catching up today too, having moved house recently.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Somehow being sick in the summer time always seems worse than in the winter time. Glad you are starting to feel better!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading. I love to hear from people. Please leave your comments below.