Monday 19 January 2015

A heads up about BBC Radio 4's Opening Lines open submissions.

So BBC Radio 4 is accepting submissions for their Opening Lines, Short Story program.

I posted about this on my Livejournal, but I totally forgot to mention this here. Some kind soul posted about this somewhere that I can no longer remember, it might have been Blogger or Tumblr or G+ or even Twitter. It's open to writers from everywhere so it's worth looking at. I sent my entry off today, which is why I realised I should have said something on this blog too. You still have just over 3 weeks :).

The full submission details for Opening Lines are here, just click the link.

This is the key information they list:
  • Writers who have previously had a story/stories broadcast on network radio or have substantial writing credits in other areas of radio (e.g. comedy and drama) are not eligible for this series.
  • We only accept one story per writer.
  • Please don’t re-submit stories that have previously been considered for Opening Lines
  • Stories must be between 1,900 and 2,000 words in length.
Submission period is 5th Jan - 13th Feb 2015


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading. I love to hear from people. Please leave your comments below.