Tuesday 6 August 2013

Drabble Cascade #22 - Singing (gen, G)

This is my gen drabble for this week's drabble cascade. If you would like to join in with your own drabble or flash fiction, just check out this intro post for the instructions (it's really easy).

Singing
by Natasha Duncan-Drake

Some people think rain is mournful. I think it is the rhythm of the world. If I could I would dance, but, let's just say I lack the physical prowess to do that justice. I could possibly manage a small shower, but a thunderstorm would be beyond me.

Hence I sing.

There is a tune in everything if you listen and find it: in the wail of a storm; in the breath of a summer breeze bringing the drizzle. Notes from deep alto to floating treble lie just under the surface.


Next time listen for the song in the rain.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading. I love to hear from people. Please leave your comments below.