Monday 4 April 2022

C is for Content #YouTube #AtoZChallenge

C is for Content - YouTube - What they Don't Tell You

YouTube - What They Don't Tell You
C is for Content

"Great content is the best marketing tool in the world." – Marcus Sheridan

My AtoZ theme this year is my YouTube journey with my new fiction channel, and all that I have learned - plus some free fiction - scroll down to the embedded vid for that.

As the saying goes, it is impossible to please all the people all the time. This is very true on YouTube.

When creating a channel, you need to decide what it is about. Pick your audience, pick your niche and run with it.

My channel is audio fiction, and honestly, I'm still trying to decide if I need to focus down even more onto a particular genre. I don't want to because I love many genres, but I am still wondering if I should.

The YouTube algorithm serves your content to an audience that already exists, and it is not good at jumping form one thing to another. It likes consistency. If we are consistent then it will get the idea. Consistency will also encourage people to binge watch our content, which the algorithm also likes, a lot.

Image by Gerd Altmann from Pixabay

So, we need to do three things:

  1. Decide what kind of videos we are going to make
  2. Decide on our niche
  3. Be consistent in the content we choose to upload so the algo gets the hang of our channel

If you have a YouTube channel, what is your content about? If you don't have one, hypothetically, what content would you like to make? Or, what so you like watch on YouTube?

Current YouTube Episode

New story every week day at 4pm GMT
Please subscribe to never miss a vid (it's free).


About the AtoZ Challenge

The A to Z Challenge happens every April. Bloggers from all over the world come together to post every day in April, apart from Sundays, inspired by the letters of the alpha bet. A = April 1st etc. Some of us have themes, some of us don't. Click the image below for more info and links to other participants.
#AtoZChallenge 2022 tribute badge

Check Out My Fiction YouTube Channel

Tales with Tasha - YouTube

Each week we have a theme and so there will be something for all tastes.
  • 🎤Micro stories as YouTube Shorts Monday - Thursday - for fun quick viewing
  • 🕮A longer story every Friday - for story time, over coffee or before going to bed

Tasha's Social Media

📚Join My Newsletter📚


Receive 2 FREE eBooks just for signing up and a free short story once every month on Free Fiction Friday.


Two books covers - one with a woman firing guns above the title "Assassin's Blood" the other with a woman screaming and glowing with the title "Curse of a Banshee"


List hosted on MailChimp, information will only be used for Newsletter contact, and we do not send spam.

22 comments:

  1. I love watching short films, comedy and many tutorials on you tube be it cooking, education, painting etc
    As u say urs is short stories channel. Will check it some time


    Good luck

    Dropping down from A to Z afshan-shaik.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Youtube is an amazing learning platform isn't it. What did we do before we could go find someone who knew what we wanted to do by clicking a button?
      I hope you enjoy my channel if you get a chance to check it out.
      Thank you so much for visiting.

      Delete
  2. I’ve decided that YouTube and podcasts are just one thing too many for me to tackle. Good luck with your channel and thanks for visiting my site.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love way too many genres too!
    Tough choice!!

    Hopping in from the A-Z community,
    Dream
    https://thedreamgirlwrites.wordpress.com/2022/04/02/colours/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes on the good content. Although sometimes I think algorithm can overwrite good content for specifically targeted content that is not that good... Sometimes I wonder how much gets lost in the noise.
    The Multicolored Diary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So much! The algorithm definitely does reward quantity over content and click bait over quality, but unfortunately we have to play the game. I miss the old days of chronological feeds *sigh*.

      Delete
  5. I use my YouTube channel for book trailers and as an extra place to share my podcast -- just to share video, mainly, for use on my blog and other places. I watch music videos on YouTube...

    Ronel visiting for the A-Z Challenge My Languishing TBR: C

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Youtube is so versatile like that, isn't it. That's what I used to use it for too. Then I have a fit of madness😆

      Delete
  6. Mummy says we have a YouTube channel with videos of us guinea pigs enjoying ourselves. I'm not sure there is one of me there yet, though. I don't like being imaged. Moving images must be scary too.
    Mummy did some videos years ago of her reading from her first three books. That's on her channel. Ours are on our own one, Georgesgpworld.
    I have to use her signin here. I am finding this commenting stuff very hard.
    Ludo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well thank you very much for all your hard work, Ludo. I shall see if I can take a look at you YouTube channel.

      Delete
  7. While I know it's necessary to be strategic, and it's naive to imagine you can just follow your heart and post whatever you like and get the results you want, that's really what I wish. Of course that works great for me since I don't have a channel. But yay for good content, and yes to multiple genres.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish that too! Alas is seems that ghost stories and horror are best for growing a channel on YouTube - at least looking at my stats.

      Delete
  8. I think this is true for most Social Media interactions including blogs. But I am preaching to the choir here I know!

    Again, this will be a good education for me.

    --
    Timothy S. Brannan
    The Other Side | A to Z of Conspiracy Theories

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish we weren't all driven by the algorithm, but that's just how everything seems to work! *sigh*

      Delete
  9. I use YouTube for so many creative ideas, recipes and have my own channel as well. But I struggle to keep it very active as I have a 3-year-old �� I'll be visiting your channel and explore your amazing insights.
    See you around the A-Z challenge!
    https://momandideas.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosh - a YouTube channel and a 3-year-old, I cannot even begin to imagine how you could juggle both. I only have cats and I have enough trouble 😆. I hope your channel is going really well and you're not running yourself too ragged. Thank you so much for dropping by.

      Delete
  10. Focus is important in cornering a specific audience. I tend to try to capture the biggest audience that I can and maybe get overly generic with my posting. I guess that's why over the years my blog has centered mostly on music.

    Arlee Bird
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess we all end up veering towards what our audience appear to like. Music is a great bringer together of different people.

      Delete
  11. Consstency is my doom on social media :-(
    I know it is essential (not just on YouTube, but on any online space), and still it is so hard.
    Are you good at consistency?
    I think, if you're good at it, it will still help the algorithm even if you jump a bit about with the ocntent.

    @JazzFeathers
    The Old Shelter - Enter the New Woman

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think it's cool that you are sharing audio fiction! It's likely going to be a bit of trial and error to figure out how best to proceed with your content. I love writing in multiple genres too. So, I get not wanting to focus only on one. Good luck figuring that one out.

    AnjelaCurtis.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Having to be consistent is such a bore, but I understand how necessary it is for algorithms. I suspect I'd go podcast before YouTube, simply because my voice receives many compliments and I hate being in front of camera (a familiar feeling among photographers) but I believe many of your tips will probably apply in both areas.

    Debs visiting this year from
    Making Yourself Relationship Ready

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading. I love to hear from people. Please leave your comments below.