Wednesday 6 April 2022

E is for Embed - #YouTube #AtoZChallenge

E is for Embed - YouTube - What they Don't Tell You

YouTube - What They Don't Tell You
E is for Embed

"There is no joy in possession without sharing." - Erasmus

My AtoZ theme this year is my YouTube journey with my new fiction channel, and all that I have learned - plus some free fiction - scroll down to the embedded vid for that. 

Honestly, I did not think about embedding my YouTube videos directly onto my blog until I decided to investigate if embedded views count, and they do!


This article breaks it all down Do Embedded YouTube Videos Add to the View Count, but safe to say, yes, embedding your YouTube video into other web pages is a good idea.

If the video is set to auto-run, however, the views may or may not count, so best to be safe and allow the viewer to click play themselves. Which just adds to the fact that we can really annoy our visitors if there are auto play vids in our posts and we definitely don't want to do that. Alienating people we're trying to entice into our web is probably a bad plan😉.

How often do you click on embedded videos in posts, out of interest? Do vids set to auto-play annoy you as much as they do me?

Current YouTube Episode


New story every week day at 4pm GMT
Please subscribe to never miss a vid (it's free).


About the AtoZ Challenge

The A to Z Challenge happens every April. Bloggers from all over the world come together to post every day in April, apart from Sundays, inspired by the letters of the alpha bet. A = April 1st etc. Some of us have themes, some of us don't. Click the image below for more info and links to other participants.
#AtoZChallenge 2022 tribute badge

Check Out My Fiction YouTube Channel

Tales with Tasha - YouTube

Each week we have a theme and so there will be something for all tastes.
  • 🎤Micro stories as YouTube Shorts Monday - Thursday - for fun quick viewing
  • 🕮A longer story every Friday - for story time, over coffee or before going to bed

Tasha's Social Media

📚Join My Newsletter📚


Receive 2 FREE eBooks just for signing up and a free short story once every month on Free Fiction Friday.


Two books covers - one with a woman firing guns above the title "Assassin's Blood" the other with a woman screaming and glowing with the title "Curse of a Banshee"


List hosted on MailChimp, information will only be used for Newsletter contact, and we do not send spam.

23 comments:

  1. My TV theme included embedding videos when they could be found. In order not to flood my pots with too many, I just linked some of the videos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes there are just too many to choose from, aren't there 😆 Thank you so much for visiting.

      Delete
  2. Great info! And yes, videos that auto-play are very annoying!

    AnjelaCurtis.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's having to track down that annoying sound from a tab I have clicked off of that always gets me 😆

      Delete
  3. If I am interested in the topic of the article, I will click the video to at least see what it's about. It's not a problem :-)

    @JazzFeathers
    The Old Shelter - Enter the New Woman

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sometimes do and I sometimes don't - it often depends on my mood. Sometimes I am just not in the mood for audio-visual input. 😆

      Delete
  4. Thank You for that wonderful insight Tasha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's good to know embedded videos views count, too!

    Ronel visiting for the A-Z Challenge My Languishing TBR: E

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That exactly what I thought when I went investigating and came across the information. I mean it would be very annoying if they didn't, but some sites are frustrating like that.

      Delete
  6. I didn't know that!
    That is good!

    Hopping in from the A-Z community,
    Dream
    https://thedreamgirlwrites.wordpress.com/2022/04/06/explosive-emotions/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was new info to me too, which is why I decided to give it it's own letter.

      Delete
  7. I don't mind watching embedding videos....it makes the post more lively. Media always does..

    Visited ur channel today! Good luck with it


    Dropping by from a to z http://afshan-shaik.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't mind them being embedded, I find it's when they auto-play that it can be a little frustrating 😊

      Delete
  8. Embedded* i meant. Ignore typos...using mobile which acts up but ya autoplay is irritating...which happens everywhere nowadays

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can only type in my phone when I'm using Duolingo - at all other times I fail spectacularly. I need a full keyboard 😊

      Delete
  9. Ooh, that's good to know! I have been wondering the same...
    The Multicolored Diary

    ReplyDelete
  10. Embed Videos that's pretty informative. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  11. Most auto play things couldbe annoying especially ads or the innumerable pop ups that show on websites too. But i do understand that each of those is means for someone to promote their content or business. I did not know about embedded videos!
    Visiting from AtoZ
    Jayashree Writes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A business is much more likely to lure me in if the grab me with an image and let me decide if I want to watch something. I am contrary like that ;) Thank you for dropping by.

      Delete
  12. Any autoplay has me clicking out as fast my little fingers can carry me. As I'd be interested in embedding videos into my site/blog, I'd certainly go the route of setting up so that the reader has to click to play. Thanks muchly for the advice.

    Debs visiting this year from
    Making Yourself Relationship Ready

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading. I love to hear from people. Please leave your comments below.